UNDERSTANDING THE SOUTH AFRICAN LABOUR LAW – A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO KEY ISSUES
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Adrie is an independent Human Resource & Labour Consultant with over 22 years local and International experience. Her focus is mainly to assist small and medium size organisations to become fully compliant regarding the SA Labour Law.
Her passion is to educate employers and employees regarding the importance to adhere to the SA Labour Relations Act and Basic Conditions of Employment Act. It is vital to be educated on both parties’ rights.
Her aim is to offer a solution to manage the employer / employee relationship so that it becomes a “win-win” situation.
University of Pretoria (1988 – 1991) Library and Information Science, a 4 year degree
- Human Resource Management
- Library Science
- Information Science
- Marketing Management
- Business Law
Adrie utilise Quintin Davies in as her associate when needed and he has an Advanced Labour Law Diploma (2013 with Distinction) from UNISA and he has also completed a CCMA Arbitrators course.
The first half of his career led him to the Warehousing and Distribution industry – this experience of having to deal with people and their challenges on a daily basis, he believes has stood him in good stead in his career as an HR Consultant, as he has been “on both sides of the fence” and he understands the frustrations of both employers and employee.
He has published 3 books:
- Effective Discipline – 2012
- The Ultimate Practical Pocket Guide – You, Your Domestic Worker & the Law – 2017
- Understanding the SA Labour Law – A Practical Guide to Key Issues – 2018
BENEFITS OF THE BOOK, UNDERSTANDING THE SOUTH AFRICAN LABOUR LAW – A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO KEY ISSUES
- To help employees to become “Labour Law Wise”.
- To educate and enlighten employees as to their responsibilities and the way in which they should behave in the employment relationship – Personal Code of Conduct.
- To educate and enlighten employees as to the way in which they should be treated fairly by the employer – Corporate Code of Conduct – employers do not have “carte blanche” to ill-treat employees without any possible repercussions
- To educate employees on how to lodge a grievance – a platform for employees to utilize to effectively resolve a dispute in order that it does not “get out of control”
- To educate employees – importance of a contract – must read the documents properly before they sign it off.
- To educate employees on the importance of knowing the Policies & Procedures of company – the rules of the company – if not adhere too – disciplinary hearing procedure.
- To educate on how to prepare for a disciplinary hearing.